Sunday, August 10, 2008

They're back...


I snapped this on my ride to work Saturday morn.

Unfortunately, this is how a lot of the "college kids" treat our town. About every other car you see is U-Haul and about every other residence toward campus looks about like this. And school doesn't even start for a month or so.
On the academic front, my brother is coming back here from Chicago this week to bring a friend of his' son for a college visit. I want to make his visit something straight out of PCU, but I'm way too lazy and way to big of a loser.

So this week in training: normal week, but I skipped Tuesday cause it was raining. I was touch under 9hrs, even w/ a two-a-day today. We rode the Gaitesville, which is a touch under 70miles, in just under 3hrs! That is flying-ass-on-fire-fast for that ride. Then I wanted to ride my MTB, because I will likely race it this coming weekend, and i just put new brake son it. I wanted to have the chance to get a feel for them before racing on them. I put Shimano XT disc brakes on, and I've run 'old school' V-brakes until now. I rode ~40 minutes at the Wapahani Park, which I drove to. Normally I would ride there, but I wasn't feeling it after killing the Gaitseville route. The brakes work perfectly, and I think I won't have any problems adjusting to their drastically different feel. (believe it or not, in all of my bike shop years, these were the first discs I've installed 100% from scratch [cutting hydraulic line, installing hydraulic fittings, etc] which is much harder than just bolting them on, I had to bleed the front one twice and the rear 6 times to get them functional)
I'm watching mad Olympics currently. I'm kind of a junky to it. I was even watching Badminton earlier. I thought water polo would be fun to watch, it actually sucked pretty bad, I switched it over to badminton.

R.I.P. Bernie Mac.

No comments: