Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My easy week so far


This is my office. I'm not spending much time here this week.

Last night, however, was the final Morgan-Monroe 10mile TT. I have no interest in time trialing at this point in the year. I've TT'd more this year than I have in my life, and while I love racing bikes, and like TT'ing, I just am done w/ the pain of TT'ing for this season.
So...I volunteered to time last eve's TT. I rode out nice and easy on my road bike, timed, but the ride back was different story. The 2 fastest TTers around here were good and warmed up after throwing course record breaking times, and neither wanted to show a chink in the armour on the ride in. I was torn between wanting to ride easy and not wanting to be dropped, so I decided I would hang until the Fire Station climb, and if they were going to continue to race up the hill, I would drop off. We were flying in, close to 30 the whole way, and sure enough up the climb all take off like bats out of hell, so I sat up and rode in alone. Sometimes you just have to suck up your pride and ride your own pace.
Funny thing is, I woke up feeling sore this morning after all that.
I plan to ride ~1hr easy tomorrow, then take the rest of the week off, and hopefully do Nashville 90 Monday (labor day).

No comments: