Sunday, August 03, 2008

Expensive? Yes. Waste of money? Probably.


This is a cup of the highly exotic Kopi Luwak coffee. You know, the coffee harvested from cat poop.
I have wanted to try this since hearing about it several years ago. But since only about 1,000 pounds of it are available in the world market annually, I didn't really think I ever would. But Bloomington Coffee Roasters got some and it is available at Sahara Mart grocery store. it is $20 for a 2ounce bag, hence the title of this post.
I will say this though, it is very interesting and very good. it is very rich and very bold, yet mild and not over powering. I think I can get 4 cups out of the 2 ounce bag if I brew it in the french press, so that makes it a $5 cup of coffee, which judged on Starbuck's scale makes it cheap.
Lindsay insists she can make me some of this coffee, given our three cats, but I want Luwak poop coffee, not lazy house cat coffee.

I felt like a million bucks riding today. I went to ride a team ride, and only one other guy showed up (Gerraint Parry), but he was feeling like less-than-a-million bucks, so he turned off early (in his defense, he rode ~60miles w/ Ryan Shanahan yesterday, and for people that aren't used to riding w/ RS, it can be quite a shock to the system). I wanted to get in ~60miles, but ended up w/ a touch under 50. Oh well, I rode really superbly.
And I got the yard mowed.
And I weeded my pepper garden.
And Rally Car racing is in the X Games this year and is on this afternoon.
And there's a Bluegrass band playing this evening at Bryan Park, just over the hill from our house.
And I drank cat poop coffee.

Due to skipping Wednesday (rain), I ended up w/ less than 9 hrs this week, but they were good solid hours, so I'll take it; the season, she's getting long.

1 comment:

Gail said...

That is interesting (to see)that you measure your rides in hours. I measure my rides in miles.