Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's raining, and I'm kind of glad


Man, that was, like, 6 road bikes ago. I liked that bike, Bianchi L Lite Alloy (Mercatone Uno replica), Cinelli Alter stem, Campag Chorus, bomb proof 32h training wheels (Sun ME14-A/Chorus hubs). Weird how I remember all that, that was probably 2000 based on the apartment. Note the Pearl drum shirt: I got it from Eric Singer of Kiss (and Alice Coopers band) at a drum clinic he put on at a music store in Muncie. It's signed, but you can't see it in the pic.

So it's raining this a.m., and I don't really mind the day off. I had TT ints scheduled, and the workout translates over to trainer very easily, but I don't think I'm going to do that. It's getting the time of year where wed-fri I am really tired, so I'm just going to bag it and clean up my road bike.
RS and I rode yesterday and it was so humid/foggy when we were going out that it was almost like riding in light rain. I need to lube my chain after that.
We rode a ride I've done just a few times, but that is really good. (for B-towners)- out old 37-to anderson-up low gap-to catholic cemetery (monster climb road)-into forest, across main forest road-in old 37.
we rode this 45miler in 2:13, for an av of ~21.1mph w/ town. Our rolling av was more like ~22. That's pretty smoking for that ride. I hope I can hang onto this form for another few weeks and ride like this for the IN Stage race in mid August.

No comments: