Sunday, July 20, 2008

In the Money!


Off the start line @ DINO AMBC N. Vernon. I'm in the blue/white just the left of center. Josh is right behind me.

I ended up 17th out of ~70 at the IN St. RR. Still in the money, but it was our team effort that impressed the day. Gerrant Parry tells the story better than I: http://www.teamtortuga.org/blog/.
Today Ryan and I went out and killed the 60k route around Lake Monroe. We av'd just under 22 mph, w/ just the two of us. He and I both raced yesterday (he a tri in IL, me the RR in Fishers) and it occurred to me at some point that this was the hardest "recovery" ride I have ever done. Whatever though, if you've got some fast, you might as well spend it because it doesn't save.
I'll be racing this weekend too, either MTB Sunday at Westwood Park in New Castle, or a 40k TT in Monrovia. I'm not sure which yet, but one or the other. Westwood is a course that I have never done particularly well at. It isn't hard, pre se, but it's long and taxing. Lot's of pedalling. And if it's wet, forget it, I don't even want to mess w/ that. So we'll see.

No comments: