Sunday, July 13, 2008

Muncie Weekend



It was a good weekend to be friend of mine. The podium is 2/3 my good friends, Big Zach Ruble on top and Ryan Shannahan on the second step.

This weekend was the Muncie Endurathon ½ Ironman triathlon. As the official event mechanic, I was busy most of the morning doing the work that people should have had done prior to showing for a race, as well as tending to some emergency fixes too. It always a fun weekend for me to get back to M-town and hang out w/ all my old friends. That was all well and good, but it rained absolute buckets throughout pretty much the whole race. I was soaked to the bone, and after I was done w/ my work, I headed for a park shelter to try to dry out and watch the race. It was a good race and no athletes complained about the rain at all. What a bunch of positive people (I would have been bitching non-stop).
The after party at Shane’s was awesome as always w/ tons of food and everyone shows up. Plus BOTH of the houses at which I stayed had Vs. TV network, which broadcasts the Tour De France, so I got to watch some Tour.
I rode in Muncie Saturday and Sunday (though I didn’t ride the race course Sat. due to the torrential rains) and it was fun to ride a couple of my old rides that I cut my cycling teeth on.
I had a great weekend overall.
This coming weekend is the IN St. RR Championship in Fishers which was rescheduled from early June when it rained ~10” in one day and shut down half the state. I’ve raced this course once, but am not really sure what to expect. I guess I should expect to ride hard and be tired afterwards.

Best of luck to my good friend (one of my bestestes), Dan Prater who is moving to California (Davis) tomorrow.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds like a full and fun weekend! Good luck on the ride this weekend. I like what you said, "I guess I should expect to ride hard and be tired afterwards."