Monday, July 28, 2008

Sheer human power



I did another 40k time trial yesterday (Sunday).
I was 1 or 2 seconds off of my best, which was set two weeks ago. But the course rode slightly different. last time there was a headwind out and a tail wind in. Yesterday there was no wind at all, making the rider 100% fully responsible for his/her speed; there would be no help from the tail wind, nor could one blame the headwind for 'blowing him up.'
So, I was satisfyed to have gone (basically) the exact same time as I did before.
I felt fast, and doing math in my head, I figured I could come in under 55min, but doing math in my head under noraml circunstances is one of my weaker suits, so add anaerobic exhaustion to it, and I'd be lucky to tell you what 2 + 2 is. (it's 4)
My brother and his wife came to town from Chicago this weekend. It was awesome to hang w/ the for awhile. It was nice to have Bloomington "to ourselves" (the students haven't fluxed in just yet), and we had a nice couple of days walking around Kirkwood the shops, eating at Laughing Planet, ice cream at Brusters, checking out my fav music store ,etc.
Plus we hung out w/ one of Evin's friends that lives here, Glenn. We ate our ice cream at his house on his kiler back porch and played w/ his miniature Dacshound(sp? [wiener dog]) Good times.
I don't have any racing on the caldendar for a couple of weeks, so I'm going to train by ear for a week or so and try to take it easy.
I have some improvments I'm making to my MTB and from those improvments, I'm building a new cross wheelset.

Bye.

No comments: