Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tired, but fast


Result sheet from the Morgan-Monroe 10mile TT this week (click to enlarge, dummy). I PR'd again.

RS said to me this morning while we were riding "it must be nice to PR every time you ride."
I have been riding really well lately. Problem is, I'm getting wore down. I know I'm headed for burnout, but I'm on such good form, I hate to slow down. Wednesday I rode my 4-hill climb ride and felt like I was struggling. I got in and checked my time: I was 5 minutes faster than I have been this whole year for the ride.
Within the next two or so weeks, I need to take an easy week. Maybe not off completely, but easy w/ lower volume. August 23 is the Indiana Stage race, and I did okay in 1-2-3 race last year, I want to do good this year, so I need to play it smart and not be fizzled by then.
I have been riding w/ RS for many, many years and he was commenting today on the leaps and bounds I have made in the past few years. It is good to hear things like this from people you respect as athletes and from the fastest person you know. When someone of his stature tells you are killing it, tearing it up, etc. it boosts the old ego.
It's looking like we're going to the 40k TT this Sunday. Another PR? We'll see, 55.55was hard to get and will be even harder to better. Honestly, I don't plan to better it.
My brother and his wife is coming to town this weekend too. It should be fun to hang w/ them for a while.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

Congrats on the fast time. Ryan is right, you are riding much better over the last 2 years.