Monday, September 01, 2008

90


This is my good buddy (and pro triathlete) Zach at Ironman Wisconson a year or two ago. He took 6th at ironman Louisville this weekend.

Lindsay's Mom was in town this weekend to visit, so I hung w/ them Friday night and Saturday even after work. Lindsay's mom enjoys yard work and gardening, so all the weeds and crap growing around our house was like a playground for her. She did a wonderful number around the house.
Sunday I went to my brother's wife's parent's house on Heritage Lake (near Avon, IN) to let Lindsay and her mom hang out w/out me being in the way. Since I was taking last week mostly off of training, I thought a day on the lake would be killer. It was lots of fun, we went out on the pontoon boat, jumped off it, etc sat in their hot tub, got sunburned and ate good lake food (burgers, but lamb). It was a fun day.
Today I rode the Nashville 90. My normal posse of riders is gone, so I hit it alone. I think I've done the 90 alone three times now and if memory serves, one was good and two...not so much. I started dying around the halfway point, but pressed on. I ate: 1 Clif bar, 4 gels and drank (I think) 5 bottles. I managed to pull off a 19mph average somehow, but I was totally worked. It took me most of the day to get feeling normal.
I think I may start working in two runs/week this week. That's the plan, we'll see how it works (if I can handle the pain). Cross season is basically starting and a little cross-over fitness can't hurt (actually, it can hurt really bad).
Plus I'm going to Vegas in 3 weeks for the annual Interbike bicycle industry trade show, and I'd like to be able to work out while there.
Yes, boring predictable Adam in Vegas baby.

No comments: