Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm kind of like Mother Theresa...


...only I save bicycle related things.
Some lady came in and wanted to put a "different" head on this beautiful pump. I told her I couldn't let her do that and bought her a new pump w/ the "different" head she sought and traded her. This is an original Silca Pista pump, made in Italy, fully rebuildable and in excellent condition. I've wanted to get a Silca pump for a while, but haven't really had reason, as I have 3 pumps that all work fine. This proved the perfect excuse to score one.

This weeks training has been good. Monday was normal easy 50min spin, but Tuesday was change. I rode out to the Paynetown SRA, which has a good network of hiking trails, and ran the trails, then rode back. It's ~10miles out, then I ran the 3mile loop (the two people I was w/ ran the 6mile loop) then ~10miles back. It is a hard run, as it is pretty hilly. But I'm told trail running is way better on your body than road running, so while hard, I guess it's not as bad as pounding the pavement.
Yesterday (wed) I rode the CX bike out to Wapahani MTB park and busted a few laps around the lake there for some skills practice. Nothing intense, just a couple of dismounts/carries per lap. I like this ride, as the Bloomington rail-trail is largely (still) unpaved and perfect fro CX biking. Then add in the MTB park and it's a good ride.
today I rode a solid 2 hr road ride, and tomorrow I plan to ride to Griffey, run the (~2mile) trail there, ride the extended 10mile route home w/ gravel road, but it looks like it could be raining, in which case I'll likely do nothing.
DINO finale' is the Sunday, so last MTB race of the year, and w/ road racing done, I guess that makes it cyclocross season.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Another man's junk is another man's treasure. Great trade!

Have fun Sunday.