Sunday, September 07, 2008

100 (k)


IMWI sox.


Corndog. (I bought them at the store, I guess it's a weakness.)

I wore my Ironman Wisconson socks today to support Zach (the same Zach from the previous post) in his second Ironman in 7 days. He took 7th today in WI (6th last weekend in Louisville). This is the toughest 140lb, 6'2" dude I know.
What did I do while he raced for 9hrs? I ate a corndog and watched it on my computer!
Well, I guess that's not all I did, Ryan and I rode the Hoosier Hills 100k route around Lake Monroe. We kept it fast and it was a killer. I haven't downloaded the file from my watch yet, but we av'd around 20.5-21mph for it; pretty peppy.
Rest of the week was well. I did what will hopefully be a normal "off season" workout twice this week which is: riding the CX bike to Lake Griffey, running the trail there, then riding a scenic route in, which includes a ~1mile gravel road. It is ~4.5mile to Griffey, the run's ~2miles and it's about 10.5mile in, w/ the gravel section in there. Pretty good hour or so workout w/ lots of varying stimuli. This should be good for me. I feel pretty good running too. I'm excited about that, as running generally feels like Guantanamo style torture to me. Maybe my Dad, the marathon man, is rubbing off on me.
Lastly to report, I grew some Tabasco peppers in my garden and decided to try to make my own Tabasco sauce w/ them since they were ripening. The ingredient list on the Tabasco bottle is "Vinegar, Tabasco peppers and salt" so figured it couldn't be too hard to replicate. Well my batch came out spicy, but doesn't really taste like Tabasco brand sauce. I'll give it a whirl on my eggs and see how it fares.

No comments: