Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekend/early week


This is what my cat, Sixx, used to look like. She's bigger now, but still pink.
(I don't have any race photo's from the weekend, so this is what you get)

Sunday was the Ohio Valley Cross race, the Tour De Louisville, at a metro park in LV, KY. I rode really good and got 8th. I think there was an error (some confusion) on the start line and some of the people in my race started 1 minute ahead of the rest of us. I may have gotten better than 8th. I rode better than 8th (or everyone else is really fast this year). It was a very technically demanding course, w/ lots of short uphills, off camber switchback turns and a semi gnarly downhill; well suited for a MTBer. Plus the barriers were followed by a short steep run up, which I felt great on. I in no way endorse running as a necessary part of cx training, as a lot people think it ought to be, but the running I've been doing came in handy on this course. True, it wasn't much running, but I glided up the run up.
Today i ran the full 6mile loop at Paynetown trails. I ran a high 48min, which I guess is pretty respectable. I felt like I could have keeled over at any given time, but I recovered well on the ride back in. If I keep up running harder and faster, like I am, I think I'll see some real gains in fitness next season. Who knows, maybe I'll jump into an x-terra off road triathlon (I'm only trail running right now).
Rest of the week to come, I'm feeling really good right now.

No comments: