Thursday, September 18, 2008

Smells like fresh pavement


Fresh new pavement on Hwy 45 between Nashville and B-town. This road wasn't bad anyway, but this is sweetness!


The fog lifting off of Lake Lemon (taken from South Shore Drive, looking north). It looked way cooler in person than a crappy cell pic delivers.

Good workouts so far this week. Tuesday we rode to Paynetown, ran the trails and rode in, like last week. What differed was I got mixed up on turns in the trail and basically ended up running the 6miles instead of 3. This was a 54min run, which if not the longest run I've ever done, is right up there. I felt really good though, so I wasn't to worried about it.
Wed I rode a cross ride i love doing. There is a trail through a woods system on the est side of town that dumps you out a kind of crappy road that you would never really be on for any reason unless you lived out there. Then you can hook up to some gravel roads and work your way back into town. One of these gravel roads is a killer limb though, loose, rough gravel and ~250' of elevation in ~1mile. The total rides ~18miles. It's a good one.
Then today I just road a 35mile road ride.
I want to get in some quality workouts before going to Vegas next week. As I mentioned, I plan to take running stuff, but not knowing where you are, etc makes working out difficult. Plus I could see it being hard to run in the Vegas strip area. We shall see.

No comments: