Monday, March 23, 2009

BCSP road riding


This is the "monster" on the Brown County St Park road race circuit. Also known as The Horseman's Camp Climb. It's a nasty little climb and really wears on you after several runs on it.

This is a view from one of the vistas @ BCSP. Crappy cell pic does it no justice; you could see for miles and there's some green blooming off in the distance too.

Lindsay wanted to go ride MTB @ BCSP yesterday (Sunday) so I decided to pack in my road bike, hitch a ride over w/ her, ride a few loops of the circuit, then ride home in a round-about enough way get in 3 hrs.
It was an awesome day, low wind and temps ~60 I think. I busted 3 loops of the BCSP circuit then headed out of the park. After crossing Hwy46, I went to Bear Wallow hill via Old Hwy 46. I climbed over Bear Wallow (from south to north) then after BW I climbed back up 135 toward Nashville, but turned off on Grandma Barnes Rd to Helmsburg. After Helmsburg and 45, I turned over on South Shore Dr, but took Shilo Rd over to Anderson Rd rather than going the more Direct route into town. This got me 3hr12min to my door; perfect. I kept my on-the-bike nutrition up and felt great the whole ride. I rode hard and really felt like a million bucks. I was tired later in the day for sure, but I during the ride I was on it.
I felt very tired riding today too though. I did just a short 50min recovery ride, but I was feeling yesterday as I went into the wind. Can't complain though, I feel like I have pretty good form right now. Lets just hope that translates into results!

No comments: