Friday, March 27, 2009

That's that.


Today (Friday) marked my final weight session of this off season. I've lifted 27 sessions and I'm pretty pleased w/ the results. So much so that I decided to take and throw up these couple of self portraits. Pretty buff huh?
Seriously, lifting went well this year. I seem to have gained ~2lbs. We'll see if it stays. It may not once I'm back to riding 6 days, and that'll be fine, I'll still be stronger.
I had a couple of good rides this week. Tuesday my group was broken up w/ commitments, so I went out and rode the Bottom Rd loop solo. The wind was blowing up strong from the south, so I wanted to put in a good solid effort into it coming back in. I rode the climbs (pretty [not super]) hard and rode good and hard into the headwind. I felt really strong and it was a good ride.
Yesterday RS, FR and I headed out to the 60k route around Lake Monroe. RS wanted to do 1/2hr @360watts (whatever that means) so we sat in for the first 30min letting him tear up the front. After his 'interval' was done we took the front taking big strong pulls and riding the southern hills strongly. It was a good hard ride as well and we thought we may have been on record breaking time, but we were off of that pace by a few minutes. Plus FR had a curious puncture once back in town and since I was riding the front I didn't know he had stopped to fix it, sorry for ditching. I turned around to go back and when I ran into RS he said "go ahead, he's got it." Hate to leave a buddy stranded, ya know (especially when you're packin one these bad boys).
Anywho, that's that. Done w/ the off season training programme. Here we go!
I am considering going to race in Ft. Wayne this weekend. Still not sure though. 1)it's a long ass drive. 2)forecast for up there is 40* and a chance of snow and 3)I had some unexpected plumbing repairs to do this week that cost me a few more dollars than I had planned on spending. So we'll see.

No comments: