Sunday, March 01, 2009

North Ameircan Handmade Bicycle Show

Here are some pics form the NAHMBS in Indy. I was able to sneak in a weight session prior to departing for the big city and was then on my feet all day. My left hamstring was bothering me most of the following day, just tight. I'm going to ride long(ish) road bike today in the 33* temps w/ 33 mph winds to boot. Hurray!
Side note: we ate at an Ethiopian restaurant on the way to the show. It was interesting. Food is served "family style," on one big plate and there are no individual plates or utensils. You use this weird textured flat bread to pick up the food and eat it. I told the cook guy I wanted some hot sauce and I think it impressed him I was able to handle their hot sauce. It was pretty hot, don't get me wrong, but nothing I couldn't down large quantities of.

The NAHMBS pics:
This me hanging w/ my bud and international CX pro Molly Cameron, self proclaimed "North America's worst European Cyclocross racer." (and yes, by "hanging with" I mean "being dissed by while he checks his Iphone and I pose w/ Vanilla Bikes brass-knuckles like and idiot.")
Colorful Japanese fixed gear bikes. I liked the colors.

This purple/yellow/blue motif especially.


G-n-R inspired ft wheel (and pinup girl on the down tube [the maker said he always wanted an naked chick on a bike, but never had room to put one on until he got a hold of this aero section down tube]). This segues into the rear wheel, which for me should be best in show:


The inner liner of the Guns-n-Roses record "Appetite for Destruction" on a disc wheel. Dope.




No comments: