Thursday, February 26, 2009

Warm, rain, cold, add wind, repeat

This is looking north on Bean Blossom rd in Morgan Monroe State Forest on the flat just before the climb starts. Traces of snow, but traces of sun.

Tuesday was cold, but looked nice out, so I went out. It was 25 when I left and 32 when I got back, so it was pretty miserable temp wise. The high was in the 40's, but I missed all of that action. I went out to MMSF and did 2x up Bean Blossom, full bore. I felt slow and was making excuses for this on the way back (heavy clothing, cold air, temp variance [cold as shit outside, but burning up under three heavy layers due to effort]), but when I got home downloaded my info, it turns out I dropped ~7seconds off of my previous best up BB on the first interval and was almost identical to my previous best on the second time up. It was windy as all hell coming back in though, so I needed to do something to keep my mind occupied since my Ipod battery had long since died. So making excuses for naught it was.
Yesterday was another nice day outside, high ~60 and kinda sunny, but per sticking to the routine, I lifted in the morning and rode rollers at night.
Today I rode trainer and had another really good workout. I felt really strong. I hope this all transfers over to outside riding like it should.
Josh and I have a pretty firm plan for going to Knoxville now. When we return it will put us about 2 weeks out form the Hillsboro-Roubaix race, so hopefully that works out as 'peak.'
This weekend is looking cold again and the finale' of the Bloomington Underground CX is scheduled, so if it's too cold for road, then this should be a good alternative. The series was held way later than usual this year, so it has started to conflict w/ road riding season. But if it's piss cold, it'll be a good time to go do this.
Plus the North American Handmade Bike Show is this weekend and me and some people from work are going up to it tomorrow. While handmade bikes aren't my jam per se, it will still be really cool to see all of this in person.
Which reminds me: I need to charge my camera batt's!

No comments: