Friday, February 06, 2009

I don't think it's the flu...



...but my road bike is SICK!
This is what it looks like w/ the Fulcrum Racing 0's. The picture isn't the best (taken in basement w/ flash), but you can get the idea.
Well, I am rapidly approaching the end of this 8 week training block. I am tired physically. I have been hitting it pretty hard on the trainer sessions, etc. and I'm feeling drained. I am going to take a few days off next week, but throw in a couple E-Z roller rides (or maybe even outside rides!?!) just to keep the blood moving. Other than that, next week is mostly off. I need the rest. But the extended forecasts are looking better, which is good because it hit me two days ago: I am officially tired of winter. I've been hearing from people for a while now, "I'm so over winter," etc, but it just hit me Tuesday or so. So 1) I need the rest coming next week and 2) I need the weather (!hopefully!) allowing me to get outside more frequently.
I'll post a few stats from the past 8 weeks after Sunday.
Side note: I was looking for something in a drawer and I found an old check book register thing. My college tuition (BSU) in what I'm guessing was 1998 and/or 1999 was $1,700/semester. I think it's probably well over double that now.

2 comments:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I'd say I like your bike better than the C-dale from your previous entry. I dig the old-school bar/brake set up, most riders tend to go way too high as far as twisting the bar up and placing the brake/shifters too high.

adamrodkey said...

That 'dale has an intergrated bar/stem, so no adjustment there to be made (dumpster, in my opin) so I set his levers a touch higher than I normally would to compensate for not being able to rotate the bars up the hair that I normally would.