Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Holiday!

For my former college roommate any Friday the 13th meant a day off of all classes, etc and he would watch all of the movies (9 I think at that time), which if I remember right, was ~13-15hrs worth. I would catch bits and pieces between my classes and such, then join him for entire episodes in the evening when I was done w/ the day. Good times...great movies.
So this week mostly off of training has gone well enough. I took Monday and Tuesday off, lifted Wed and today (Friday), and had a good ride yesterday. I rode Shilo rd and hit the hills really hard, then rode as good a tempo as I could the rest (w/ a heavy head wind). I don't feel as fresh as I had hoped to, but it'll come around.
Tomorrow is that start of the Tour of California. There's a great field lined up and my favorite for the overall, Floyd Landis, apparently crashed in training yesterday. The team said "he's fine, but required medical attention and is bruised up." Realistically one of the riders w/ a much stronger team, such as a Garmin/Slipstream or Astana, is more likely to win, but Floyd is a former winner of the race (2006) and insanely strong. I'd love to see him stick it to everyone. I guess we'll see.

No comments: