Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A new record

This bike takes the record for the most expensive bike I've assembled. This distinction was previously held by a pair of Colnago C40's w/ Campy Record when we sold Colnago in Muncie.

Saturday a guy comes in carrying a Cannondale Super 6 frame and a Campy Super Record 11speed group. While the frame does very little to impress me, it is a sweet bike I must say. It has some serious Euro flare w/ the Team Liquigas paint job and the red Fulcrum Racing 0 wheels. It also has a MOST integrated bar/stem, which retails for $600 alone. So, while those Colnagos that held my record for so many years were ~$5,000, which was a ton in the early 2000's, (probably '01 or '02) this bike is up near $10,000!

I test rode it after building it. It rides nice. The one downfall of the whole situation is the dude bought EVERYTHING off eBay, so he has a $10,000 bike w/ no warranties.

While we're on new things, this is my new post-workout wardrobe. Skins compression wear. I'm hoping they'll help me recover better/faster and help w/ my glute/ITB problems.

Oh, and speaking of new again, we got ~2" of new snow today Yeah! I get to shovel more! My back is already jacked from all the shovelling I've done so far. Hopefully this will be about it.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Nice bike! Im sure you are digging some of the Euro-flare. I am always amazed at the number of high dollar bike builds we do at our shops. Within the last two weeks we have throw together a dozen or so $8K plus rigs. From Cervelo S3's to custom S Works Transitions... I supposed its not hard to do when you throw on a SRM and some Zipps!