Sunday, February 01, 2009

Warm day, hot ride

There was some fire lit out on the road today for sure.
It was in the mid to upper 40's, but w/ all the snow we got, it was assumed that most of the usual routes would be, or have sections that were, impassible. So we ventured out to the end of SR 446 and back. A 52mile out-and-back. Our normal group was super sized via several other locals and some little 5ers for a total of 12 starters. We rolled out civil enough, it was hard on the front, but easy sitting in. The way back is when it got hard. 2.5+hr story short, it ended in a select group of Ren Jay, Fred and myself, but being shadowed by Ryan Shanahan. Note: when you're being trailed by RS (which isn't often) you WILL be caught and it WILL be hard to get on his wheel. Such was the end of the ride today.
I felt great though. It was great to get out w/ big group, mix it up and come out in the front group; great RR training and very encouraging.
The days previous were spent indoors, blah, blah. I am benefiting a ton from indoor training, but it's getting old. And it isn't going to end anytime too soon.
Anywho, I'm tired, so I'll keep it short.
I shovelled more snow when I got done riding, a little over an hours worth, so yeah, I'm tired.

1 comment:

Frederick said...

I will forever after tease Renjay about his "we have Ryan on the ropes, let's put the hammer down!" quip. I don't know if you managed to hear me or not, but I burst out laughing when Ryan launched that blistering attack immediately after bridging up to us. (all to Renjay's dismay)
8^)