Monday, February 02, 2009

Everyone's doing it...

This explains Phelp's 10,000 cal/day eating: he had some serious munchies. Though I don't remember seeing Funyuns in his regime, I'm sure they were there.
(publishers note: Phelps is a great champion and has apologized for this. He is young and is bound to make these kind of mistakes. Just like Jan Ullrich did w/ various party drugs as a young champion. The thinking, however, goes: if these people have no qualms against recreational drugs, which do nothing to further their situation, why should they a problem using performance enhancing drugs, which DO further their situation. And I'd bet $$ that Ullrich was just as juiced as anyone at the time).
Whatever, it's still funny.

1 comment:

Dave Rodkey said...

Seems like the common excuse is 'I'm just a dumb kid and I din't know right from wrong.' I don't think that's a valid excuse after you're about 8,9,10 years old.