Monday, February 23, 2009

Cold, but we got out...

It was getting soft by the time we were headed in, so there were some muddy spots.

But it was still snowy.
A crew and I went over to BCSP to ride MTB's yesterday. It was in the high 20's and wet on the roads, basically a trainer day if you're going to ride a road bike. So myself and 6 others rode MTB. I forgot my shoe cover booty things, but RS had some duct tape in his car, so I taped over the vents and really wasn't too bad off. We had two rooky-ish riders (rooky to MTB that is), so we split up right away w/ me Issac Neff, Mike Sherer and Fred Rose riding off the front, but waiting at trail junctures to regroup. Mike, Issac and I were trying to time the arrival of our group to the car(s) to be about the same as the other group, but one of the other group had a flat which took them a while to get fixed and they ended up being about 45min later than anticipated. What that boiled down to is I got in just under 1.5hrs, and I could have stayed out longer. I wanted to get in 2+hrs, but whatever. My week ended up a little shorter than I wanted it to be, but it'll be okay.
When I got home I needed to get the mud off of my bike. Plus I need to re-adjust my brakes, as they don't operate too well in sub freezing temps. But as soon as I opened to garage door, of the ends of the big springs on the side broke, so I had to go to the hardware store to get an "s" hook to fix it. The patch job seems to be holding.
I got my bike hosed off, but still need to work on the brakes. Probably do that tonight.
Roolers today and looks like tomorrow will be a trainer day, but Thurs is looking like it's outside-able ride-able!

No comments: