Sunday, February 08, 2009

in the past 8 weeks I...


Here are few stats of my 8 week block which just ended:

I ran 29 sessions

I rode trainer 14 sessions

I rode rollers 31 sessions

I lifted weights 16 sessions

I rode outside 9 sessions

I trained for 76hrs,11mins.

That's just a hair short of my goal of 10hr/week, but only 4 hours. I'll take that.

I was really surprised to see that I rode outside 9 times (an average of 1+ times/week). It really didn't feel like it at all. I was also surprised to see I rode trainer only 14 times. It seemed like way more.

I'll take a few days off this week and get back at it full tilt next week, but w/ a slightly different schedule. I'm done running for this season (hence the picture of the shoes, which will be put away), so it's all bike and lift for another 6-8 weeks. I actually enjoyed running this season far more than I ever have before, but its benefits are indirect, so it's time for more cycling.
I know better than to think that I'm done w/ indoor training by any stretch, but hopefully we'll be able to get out a little more regularly.

Yesterday (Sunday) I rode the Bloomington Underground CX #4. W/ all the thawing snow, it was a muddy one; fun though. I rode well, and earned another 2nd. I don't really mind riding cross in muddy conditions, but the aftermath (cleaning) I could do w/out. Which reminds me, I got my cx bike tore down because I sold the frame. I have a 2009 Giant TCX frame to replace it already. A friend asked if I wanted to sell my frame and I said "not really," and she said "well, if you do I'd buy it." So I said "well, maybe I do want to sell it then." And so it was. The new frame is orange, which is probably my favorite color! I'll post up pics of it when I get it going. I'm not in a major hurry though, as I don't plan to race cross until November or so.
Plus yesterday Lindsay and I went to The Runcible Spoon to get a late breakfast. I totally gorged and it was awesome. I should have ridden more later in the day, but after riding CX and eating like an ox, I had to wash bikes and cut my hair, so I just didn't get back out. It was the lowest hour week of the past 8 weeks (7hr51min), but I'm not too worried.
I'm trying to get a training trip to Knoxville, TN planned out for mid March...more on that later.
Plus it looks like Lindsay and I are likely going to OK for her grandmother's 80th b-day in a couple weeks. That right there is more travel than I typically have in two years!

No comments: