Thursday, July 16, 2009

The watcher

This dude's been following me around lately. He has a killer physique, but I can't see his face.

Monday was a sun-fest. I noticed my shadow was very apparent, so I snapped it.
Tuesday I rode my MTB out to Wapahani MTB park and busted a couple laps. Actually, the first lap I attempted to "bust" turned out to be pretty much "a bust." I was trying to follow the trail as I know (knew?) it, but deforestation on the south side of the park has changed the loop.So my first "lap" was kind of a mess, but I think I figured out a good intended loop. There's DRT series race there this weekend and it looks like it's won out over the 3+hr drive to the State TT champs. So I wanted to get a ride in at the Wap prior to the weekend.
Wednesday my shadow was nowhere to be found because it was raining and thundering. Determined to get in my planned TT intervals, I put my TT bike on the trainer and forced them out. Riding trainer is hard and my legs are sore from it. It also sucks terribly to ride trainer in the summer.
Today (Thurs) I put in a solid 2hrs w/ some hills and solid tempo on the flats. I've had a pretty good week really.
Our AC at work has been broken since LAT Monday. That's 10 days. It is a total pain. No AC is bad enough alone, but add in heavy lifting, repetitious tasks (think pumping up tires) and a generally stressful work environment and it's a bad scene. Plus we're all sweaty, etc. Yeah, they need to get that sh!t fixed.
Anywho, lots going on this weekend, and Lindsay's Mom is coming to town too. So Ill be busy (as usual).
I'll be in touch.


He's still there and he pulled up beside me...I bet we could be friends.

No comments: