Thursday, July 02, 2009

I'm kind of tired.

I snapped this pic after finishing a set of intervals Wed. Nice clear pic w/ the hills in the background and big green field that goes on and on.
I noticed on my hard ride Tuesday, which I did solo, that I felt tired. I did a hard climb route (Catholic Cemetery rd), and I rode fine and all, but I felt labored. Ones form ebbs and flows throughout a season, but I go thinking (and came home and checked on my Polar calendar) that I haven't had time off since early December. I've had a day here and there, and some workouts or weeks have been "easier" that others, but I've been going steady for ~7months. I'm going to need to schedule in a week off pretty soon during the season. And then worry about a break before starting cyclocross. Scheduling time to not work out is difficult for me.
I did get in some good quality intervals on the TT bike yesterday, but I've decided that w/ 2 days of racing this weekend, I'm going to take today (Thurs) off. My body feels tired and it's getting harder and harder for me to get up in a.m's.
In other awesome news, Ryan Shanahan went down to Louisville for Master's TT nationals yesterday and took 7th in the 35-39 age group. That's a competitive group and he's 7th fastest in the nation. I kind of wish I had gone to race at Nat's, but I didn't really think about it at the time. And looking at the times (and knowing my speed relative to RS's) I probably wouldn't have done very good, but it would have been cool to race there. And the more I think about it, my TT bike is probably about as far from being within UCI regulations as it could reasonably be, seeing as it's pretty much thrown together on a wing and prayer.
Ah well, I am going to do a little work on my MTB for the weekend. I'll ride it for a little bit tomorrow morning, really easy on the clear creek trail, then it's race time!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Speaking of tired, I was a rugged hiker mom yesterday and today I was a waddling old bag. I need to get into better shape and do the rugged stuff every day like you do!

As always, kudos, Adam!