Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weekend pics (and rashes)

Here are a few pics from the MTB race this weekend (courtesy of Matt Link)

Over a log

Hammering?

Descending.

I got into some poison ivy or oak at this race. I'm thinking it was coming around a corner and I cut it close on the inside and hooked a tree's small branches w/ my left arm. So it was either tall poison ivy growing near the tree or poison oak growing on the branches. Either way it's on my arm and in the bend of my elbow. It's not too bad, and I showered as soon as I got home (due to being all dirty, I wasn't yet aware of the rash situation), so hopefully I can get it whipped in a few days.
Last night was a MMSF 10mile TT. It was kind of a weird night; it was cool, but kind of muggy. Plus there was a lot of traffic on the roads through MMSF. Anywho, I felt like I was flying and could maybe go under 22min (my best is 22.24). But I came across @ 22.37. I felt faster than I ever have, but was a bit off my best. Weird.
Today (Wed) it's pouring rain. It has rained a ton this summer. I'm quite sure it has rained at least one day nearly every week.
I'm starting to think about cyclocross. I still have a few road races on my calendar and 2 MTB races. But the first OVCX race is ~8weeks away. In about 1month I need to get down my CX bike from its hibernation and maybe even ride it. I'm sure I can still remember my practice loop. I think I was doing 3laps hard, 2minutes rest, repeat 3 times.?. Something like that. I'm sure I'll re-forget it all in the next month anyway.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I have poison ivy or oak on my arm near elbow bend too!! I have it on my left arm, just above elbow bend, and left shin. I helped take down tape, so mine could be from doing that..