Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a day

Riding, painting, grilling, ice cream...and Tom Boonen wins the Belgian National title.

We got out early for ~3hrs of riding w/ a few good climbs. We started w/ 5 and finished very strong w/ 3. We kind of dorked around for the first hour or so, but "started riding" eventually and it turned into a good hard ride; just how we like em.
I had to get home to meet my parents at our house. My trip to Michigan last weekend cost me a rain cheque on a Father's Day project w/ my Dad. We were going to paint the garage on our house, but being out of town last weekend, we did it today. We had to get it scrapped and put two coats on it. It came out very nice, though I ~should have~ gotten satin finish paint, but got flat. I'm a rookie.
Here's a few pics:
The before pic (taken a couple years ago). We painted the cinder block "foundation" around the garage.

It's kind of a sea green, but the light's low and it's hard to tell.
Closer shot of the color. You still can't really make out the color too well.
After we got the first coat on, I grilled us all some burgers and corn. Then after the second coat we went to The Chocolate Moose for some ice cream. It was a very nice day spent w/ the fam, and I got in a good ride!
Next weekend, I'm planning a double weekend. I'm going to race short-track (MTB racing doing multiple laps on a short [less than 1mile] track) Saturday, then regular XC Sunday.
I've never raced short track xc. I have a feeling it won't play to my strengths as a racer, but we'll see; I'm decent at cyclocross and that's not really endurance/recovery style racing. But Sunday's XC is a course that usually treats me pretty well...later!

No comments: