Thursday, June 25, 2009

Solid

That's how this week's been for me on the training front. Solid. Other than my left shoulder being sore from crashing last Friday in Michigan, I have felt great.
Here's a quick breakdown:
Monday: E-Z ride on the rollers due to hella rain/storm rolling through. After sitting in the car all weekend, I wasn't too terribly upset about this tough. Rollers in nice and easy and easy to control things.
Tuesday: evening 10mile Time Trial. PR'd yet again (22.42, av 26.7 mph). Then on the way home John Myers, fresh off a clavicle break, was wanting to spice things up, so he was attacking relentlessly. I was doing my damnedest to cover and was doing quite well I must say...then I flatted (okay, I was getting gapped at the time, but I had covered his moves twice! and he's no slouch [he's a cat 1]). Having a super tight fitting 700x20 tyre+ dripping w/ sweat=super dumpster flat change. But I got it (eventually) and made it in.
Wednesday: I did a hill attack workout and felt pretty good. This is an every-other-Wednesday ride, but I've done it just 4 times this season (out of a possible 7, so I've missed 3 and that's not too bad considering that goes back to early April).
Then today (Thurs.) I strung together a good ~40mile ride w/ some good climbing (for the locs: old 37-anderson-shilo-tunnel-south shore-shuffle creek-45-brummets creek-fleener-gettys creek-mt gilead-45-in). This is 36miles that gains ~2,000'. If you ride it right, it's a pretty hard ride.
Tomorrow looks good for an easy ~1hr, then Sunday I have to get out early for ~3hrs. My pops is coming down and we're going to do some exterior painting. We didn't get to hang on real Father's Day, so this is the make-up.
In other news, I have a couple new tings to report on briefly. 1) I've am trying First Endurance EFS drink mix. I use most of First Endurance's products and am generally blown away by them. EFS mix seems to work very well, but is a little too sweet tasting for my liking; I'm still in the experimental stages though. I have been using GU2O for while now, but they discontinued it and have relaunched it (or at least a similar product) under the name "Gu Brew" which is such a stupid name i don't want to use it anymore. But if I can't get the EFS mixed to my overall liking, I may be crawling back to "Gu Brew."
I also got a pair of Etxeondo (said: esh-ee-on-doe) bib shorts. This is company from the Basque Region of Spain know for producing some of the workds greatest cycling climbers. Plus Indurain won in Etxeondo clothing. I've been curious to try a pair since Ocshner Imports dropped Assos clothing and picked up Etx. I've wore them just twice, but I think I like them a lot. My senses tell me that nothing can directly compete w/ Assos in overall quality, fit and performance, but Etxeondo is some pretty choice clothing.
Sorry for no pic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well! You have great experience and i like your sentence that "I'm still learning". You have done heavy exercise and my best wishes for you always.
Tyre Changer Australia