Friday, June 12, 2009

Blame it on the Rain

Another choice title. I'm on a roll.


I was recently introduced to a few roads I'd never been on east of town. A couple challenging climbs and very good scenery. It's scapes such as these that explain why they call the area "The Little Smokey Mountains."

And here's a pic snapped of the Tuesday Night TT start. It's ghetto enough that we use a car for a hold up. That's RS starting, G/Parry timing (leaning on car) and me on deck (that's my shoulder and head on the right side). And Fred's forearm/hand.

It has been far to rainy lately. While I can't say for sure, I feel as if I haven't seen the sun for a week or so for more than a few moments between bouts of rain. The Thursday ride that produced the above pic was a ~30mile ride during which I was rained on twice between cloudiness and few short peaks of sun. All w/in ~1.5hrs. It went cloudy/rain/sun/rain/cloudy.
I looked at my mileage for the year so far and I have right at 3,000 (2,998) as my total. That's mileage only, so no trainer time from Jan/Feb added to that. I've really only done one ride over 80miles for that too. I need to ride long. I plan to ride the Nashville 90 this weekend. I have several rides over 60miles, but too few over that.
Lets' hope for a good change in the weather.

No comments: