Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oops I did it again...


Sweet title, eh? Not really.
Anywho, I PR'd at the TNT (Tuesday night time trial). Because I can never remember my time(s), and I felt like my legs were filled w/ concrete while TTing, I didn't realized I'd PR'd until I got home and got my data downloaded, but I bested myself by 7 seconds. Meaning if I were a bull rider (from Oklahoma, of course), I'd have gotten that golden buckle, or something like that.
the pic above is what has been occupying my free time for a week or so. See, I got new shoes last week because my others "developed" a big gash in the side of them (long story). So I've had to make ~100,000,000 cleat adjustments to get everything perfect. Curious as it may be, the right cleat was 100% perfect first try. No adjustments nec. But I've made several to the left, hence the pic. I actually broke one of the fixing bolts I messed w/ it so much. And all I had left were the long bolts", which are too long for the thin sole of the 5.5 (which totally rules, the sole that is) so I had to chop a few of the long bolts down so I have spares. Pain. Anyway, I think I've got it dialed. The shoes are the "Vernice" (ver-neetch-a) finish, which translates to "painted" from Italian. They have the "wet paint" look to them. High fashion, that's right.
Today I planned on doing the Wednesday World training race, but the forecast looked like storms all evening, so I decided to do an easy indoor spin in the a.m. Honestly, w/ no races on the immediate horizon, I wasn't too terribly upset about it. of course the weather's fine though and I could have ridden the ride. Whatever.
Looking ahead (and just to throw it out ~early~) next year I'm thinking Schabobele (assuming it happens next year [it didn't this year]), Hillsboro Roubaix again, and the Tour of the Red River Gorge, a three day, three stage race w/ serious climbing and long distances. I'm thinking of these three races as biggies, amongst all the others. Plus another ealry season TN training camp for prep of course. Just some thoughts.

No comments: