Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Oh Deer!

I saw this creature in the neighborhood bordering ours on my way in Wed morning. There are often deer in our yard and all over the surrounding 'hoods. The Mountain Dew drinkers must not have done enough "population control" last season; probably anticipating this classic dew sans HFCS in favour of cane sugar. When Mt Dew's your drink of choice, you really ought to be concerned about purity of ingredients.
It's been a crazy week training due to wild weather. Tuesday the boys and I went out for a good hard ~45miles. We did the Catholic Cemetery climb into the MMSF, which is a long climb w/ a few steep pitches. We rode a very solid and pretty hard pace, so it was a good ride.
Then yesterday (Wed) it rained. I wanted to get out for an easy spin of ~1hr, so I rolled out SR446 for ~30min then turned around. IN-DOT chip and sealed 446, so it's a rough mess once you get about 6-8miles out. I rode nice and easy (av'd ~16.5) and my legs felt heavy. I though maybe opening up a few efforts may thwart the sensation, but I wasn't too worried about it really. Then today I wanted to get for ~1.5hr tempo. A cold front came through last night and 1) turned it windy and 2)turned it cold. It was in the low 50's when I took off today. Tuesday it was mid 70's in the a.m. and got up to 90. Crazy town.

2 pieces of other news: 1) when Lindsay and I first moved here I did something I had never done before to get us through for awhile: maxed out a credit card. Well, after how ever many months of paying well more than the "minimum due" I paid it off this week! What a good feeling for me. 2) I'm pretty sure my Ipod is officially dead. It's been giving me sporadic problems and sometimes error messages for a month or so, but it won't turn on at all now, just gives me an error. Bummer; solo rides and yard mowing are going to become more mind numbing. Ah well, w/ that card paid off maybe I can charge myself a kick ass new ipod!

No comments: