Monday, June 15, 2009

The Cellph pic

I snapped this cellph pic (a self picture taken w/ a cell phone, get it?) on this a.m.'s E-Z ride. I do the same ride pretty much every Monday regardless. I like it because it's short (just under 50min [unless you flat, like I did last week]) and not demanding if ridden easy. Since my Mondays are usually coming off either racing or long/hard trainers, I stick to this ride Monday mornings for a good active recovery ride to get the blood flowing and loosen up the legs. The route is just some back roads south of town that are nice and quiet.
Yesterday (Sunday) we rolled out the Nashville 90. We started w/ a pretty strong group of 6, but a little over 1/2 way, it was whittled down to 3 (myself, Shanny and Fred). One rider had a flat fairly early on (@~mile22), then once we were separated, Ryan's chain/derailer hanger broke on him @ ~mile74. His day was done and we had to call a ride to come get him. So it ended up just Fred and I taking big hard pulls for the final 15 or so miles. On a ride like the 90, you can go through about a million different moods/emotions, but overall I felt really good and our pace showed that. The chip-and-seal job done on SR446 made this ride very different than it ever was. The first 20miles are very rough and very taxing due to the constant low frequency vibration. My whole body felt numb after about 45min of this. INDOT f^cked up pretty bad, from the cyclists perspective. Anywho, even w/ 1 flat, 1 water stop, 1 pee stop and one broken chain stop we av'd just under 21mph and our on-the-road av (w/out the stops added) was just under 23. That's pretty fast for 90miles and exactly what I needed; a long hard day on the FiZik.

1 comment:

David A Martin said...

I am out of breath just reading your post! I haven't really ever biked as a hobby and I only have a mountain bike but it seems like a sport that I would really enjoy. Thanks for the great post!