Friday, December 11, 2009

A few STG pics

I haven't gotten any pics of Storm the Greens yet, but I found a few to link to. This is early on, I'd say lap 2, Prior to getting a gap. This is later Still working on getting a gap, trying to shake the Red Zone guys. This is finally Getting the gap. These Red Zoners just didn't have the power on the opened sections that I did, so I was able to motor away from them every lap. I knew it was going to stick, it just took a few laps of them chasing back on to tire them out.
I have not "turned a pedal in anger" this entire week (well, I guess I was kind of angry to have to commute by bicycle in the cold/wind/snow on Tuesday!).
I have been sleeping in, stretching really well, and I started in with some VERY LIGHT weight lifting Wed. I'll lift 3x this week (Wed, Thurs and Sat) to get my body used to it. Then I'll lift ~2X/week for a few months.
I did, this week, spend some time (and $$) getting my time trail bike UCI legal (click here if you care to know what that means). I plan to race Nationals this year and it's sanctioned by the UCI, so my bike had to be modified. I didn't really want to spend the money during the holiday season, but I don't want to get re-accustomed to the "old" set up just to have to change it; rather I want my first ride on it to be of a new setup, so I can be used to it (I haven't ridden my TT bike since Sept).
Also, I meant to shout out to Gerraint Parry announcing at ~most of~ the 2009 OVCX series. He has basically become the voice of Midwest cyclocross. And the best thing for us is he's a friend of ours, so we get hella call outs at the races. The G&G team (Gerraint and Gatch) made for an awesome season. Truly the Phil and Paul of U.S. Midwest cycling.
Sunday is gluttony/laziness...Monday is 2010 training.
One last thing: is this not the most god-awful Pro team bike ever???

1 comment:

Frederick said...

C'mon, Its not that bad. Have you forgotten about the Rock Racing kit so soon?