Saturday, December 19, 2009

The solstice is in a few days...

...but it's winter.
I'm kind of digging the old school photo theme, and I have a lot (though most are MTB), so I'm going to keep w/ it for awhile.
This me out-kicking some chump for probably, like, 17th place in an Ohio Valley Spring Series Cat 4 race or something. It's at Hueston Woods in Oxford, OH (one of my favorite Spring races), but that's all the info I have attached to the pic.
I did one of the higher volume weeks of my year this week. And while didn't do any intensity, hours on hours of "endurance" riding in the cold wears me out. Actually, the way my schedule was set up this week, I had to several split sessions, where I was riding in the morning and then again at night after work. I also sneaked in a run and a couple weight sessions. I did ride outside today (Sat). ~1.5hrs in the falling snow. It was pretty and all, but I got much wetter than I expected to.
This weekend, Lindsay and I are trekking to Frankfort for a Christmas get together w/ my family. It should be nice. The holiday season rarely fails to stress me out, but that's life (for me anyway).
Enjoy your holiday(s) everyone. Be safe, etc.

No comments: