Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Full on winter

Snow, cold, we got it all.

Old school MTB pic. From the Terre Haute race course, which is now retired. Which is fine w/ me because that place was ALWAYS muddy. And it was in Terre Haute, and Terre Haute sucks.

Soooo, yeah, it's winter around here for sure. My training volume has been considerably up from "normal" to get in some serious off season hours. I have been sprinkling in some intensity here and there too. I'm thinking after next week, I'm going to try to arrange a slightly lower volume week, as that will end a four week period of high volume. And I'm tired from it.
I've been on the trainer several times, but have gotten in a lot of outside riding too. I've been on my TT bike on trainer, which is now set up for UCI legality which is pretty different, position wise, than it was. But 1) I hadn't ridden my TT bike since September and 2) I made sure to have it set up for UCI regulation BEFORE getting on it this year so I wouldn't have a chance to re-acclimate to the position; I'd just get used to the new position. I have to say, it feels seamless and I don't see any difficulty w/ it.
Well, happy new year everyone. I'm out for now. Be safe.

No comments: