Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Off season IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a cool old pic. This is from Winona Lake in Warsaw, IN. Pretty sure 2004. Muddy XC race. Actually, I remember this race because Scott Hart from Decline Magazine was there covering the race weekend for another, now out of print magazine called 26. Anywho, he is a buddy and took a crap load of pics of me racing, but didn't use any of them! As memory serves, he ended up using a full page shot of Miso the dog for the cover of the story.
So, the off season is officially kicking. That means lots of training hours, two-a-day workouts and hoping to ride the mojo wave as long as possible. My moj is working right now, so I'm feeling good. It has been a cold December here, but since I took second week off (which was the crapper week [so far]) I'm hoping for enough good days to get out for some QR's (quality rides). I've smoked a few trainer workouts already, but I haven't' started doing intervals yet. Intervals make riding a trainer better because it breaks up the time spent. But, having power on the trainer makes huge difference too, as you have something to aim for.
The 2010 racing schedule(s) are starting to pop up here and there. The DINO MTB schedule is fully up and there are a handful of road races up too.
There are some races I'm 100% in for, but I'm not worrying about a schedule yet; no need to mess w/ all that now.
otherwise, not much to report, just wanted to update y'alls.

No comments: