Saturday, February 05, 2011

inside-out

The weeks lately are predictable for the most part: weekdays inside, weekend days out.

I've been putting in some solid indoor sessions and getting a quality outdoor session (on Sundays) for the past few weeks. It's become habit-enough that I'm not even thinking in terms of outside riding during the week.
I have good mojo right now and hope I can maintain it for a few more weeks. I'm thinking I have ~two more solid weeks of indoor riding in me, then I'll crack. But hopefully I'll be able to get outside by then. If not I figure I can force myself into into one more week of inside, then it HAS to be outside time, right? Well about a week after that arbitrary date I've set we head off to our annual "training camp" in the Tennessee Smoky Mountains. Then it's basically go time.
I have my schedule pretty much hammered out in terms of races I plan to do, but it always changes. I have kind of had a hankering to ride MTB lately too. I usually have ridden once or twice by now on frozen trails, but I've not ridden MTB since mid August; damn, that's a long time. It'll likely end up as it usually does: my first MTB ride of the year is a race in which I have great fitness, but no skills and no real confidence. Que cera.
This weekend is looking like a winner so far. A friend is moving to England in a few weeks so he is having a "farewell ride" Saturday that I may try to ditch work and hop into. And Sunday will probably be more of the same.
Plus our new 2011 team clothing arrived and I should have mine in a day or two. There were some big changes to our scheme this year, so it should be cool.

1 comment:

Randy Lewandowski said...

I rode to work today and the wind chill was -22. That's a new record for me. So, yes, I like your riding indoors, keep it going!