Sunday, December 16, 2007

Week ain't over yet...

Today could be the deal breaker.
I had a good week though. I have everything in I need to, but that leaves me 3 hours to do today and it’s 28*, ~4" of snow on the ground and ~20-30mph winds. I’m not ruling out riding outside yet. I may fire up the cross bike and ride it on our un-paved rail-trail. I may even go out to Wapahani MTB park and see what’s up there. Something to knock out some hours. I can pull a long trainer session, but would rather not.
Tuesday was (is) my hard(er) long(er) ride day and I got out this week. I went out to the Morgan Monroe State Forest and rode the loop, but did an extra interval up the Bean Blossom climb to get in more seat time. So I rode out to the climb, went up it, turned around at the top, went down, then rode up again, then completed the loop and came in. It was a good workout. I was wet afterwards, but not too bad. (Bean Blossom is 1.5 miles, and gains ~340 feet. It took me ~6.5 minutes each time to get up it.)
Next week will be another full week for me, but week 4 in December will have travel interruptions as Lindsay and I are going to Oklahoma for Christmas. We leave Sat the 22nd, but since Saturday is my usual day off, it won’t effect anything. We come back Wed the 26th, so I will miss that day. I will take my running gear and my cross bike w/ me to OK, so I will get in some workouts, but the quality may be lower due to unfamiliar territory. Point is, next week has to count.
And I have my January schedule written in pencil (can make changes), so after the holidays I can get going on that. It’s similar to December, but I added a long ride (to make 3) and added a short run. It has me working out 7 days/week and doing 10 sessions between am’s and pm’s, but I need to commit to it; it’s only 4 weeks.

No comments: