Friday, January 04, 2008

Another 3+, not so good

New Year’s Day was cold and saw a frozen ground; good conditions for winter mountain biking. A few of us braved the ~20* temps and went to Brown County to ride. We rode 3+hrs and it snowed THE WHOLE time. I started off fine, but as we progressed, I felt worse and worse. I think it was mostly the conditions, but at some point I stopped having fun and then it all went down hill (my mood, not the trail). I just felt like I couldn’t ride well. It was icy-slick, so I was having to dab my foot a lot on corners, roots and rocks (in my defense, everyone was dabbing a lot), and for me, riding where you’re off your bike a lot just isn’t fun. The plus side is I got in a 3 hour ride on a true winter day.
Yesterday I had a really good trainer ride in the a.m. w/ some good intervals, then rode rollers in the p.m. I cut my roller ride a little short (~5min short) because at the end of the work day I started to feel very ill. I felt better once I got home, but I was worried about getting sick. I feel fine today, so hopefully…
My Wed commute was a cold bastard; it was 7*. It is supposed to be nearly 60 this weekend and into the 60’s next week. We should have some okay riding weather, if it doesn’t rain much.

No comments: