Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cold+wind+snow=wet(&dumpster)

Today sucked. My normal Sunday crew bailed on a road ride, so I went out w/ some Team Tortuga teamsters. We did a really great route I’ve never done before, but what a miserable day. It never got over 40 and snowed hard a few times. Add a stiff wind to that and you have a terrible day to ride. Oh well, it was a good ride and I rode hard. It was good race simulation type riding, with (myself) being attacked on hills and having to respond; a sharp contrast form tucking in behind RS and taking an occasional pull. Today was not nearly as hard of a ride, just different. But good.
The week was spent inside training 100%. Today was a touch under 3 hrs, I got in a touch over 11 hrs. Indoor training is killing me. I am, at this point, dragging my bones onto the trainer. Once I get going, I don’t ~really~ have a problem, but getting on is barely happening. I plan to take this week easy(er) for mental health’s sake. I’ll likely put in ~8hrs. I am racing Sunday in OH, so a little R&R can’t hurt anyway.
1 other thing from the week:
I saw my favorite band, X, Tuesday in Indy. It was awesome. I’ve only seen them (as X, I’ve seen the members in they’re various other projects) once. I was determined to stay in the front of the show, even though I was pretty sure a mosh pit would be forming behind me. It did, but I held my ground (a 130lb weakling such as myself doesn’t fair to well in a punk mosh pit). So meat-heads thrashing me aside, the show was great. A+.
So, easy-ish week, then first race of the year!
Hopefully this sh!t weather is done for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on riding on a crappy day. when/where is your Ohio race?? Possible cheering section here...

Karen

adamrodkey said...

Oxford (Miami of OH University). that's probably closer for me than it is you! Thanks for the thought though.