Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just one of those days...

In a good way though. One of those days where it all came together. Today was, in my memory, The best I’ve ever ridden and felt on the bike; too bad it wasn’t a race day though. We rode ~60miles and I woke up feeling good. I finally slept good and felt ready to ride well. I was feeling like I wanted to ride over to Nashville and over Bear Wallow hill to get in the 60 or so we did, but hit what is my favorite climb around here. I was pulling really strong and climbing really strong. I opened a gap on the way back on a smaller, but tough hill and never looked back. I’m not one to be boastful, so let’s just leave it at I rode the last 15 or so miles alone, but not off the back. Killer.
I rode outside two other times this week and they were awesome rides too. I have been riding really good and above where I normally do lately. There’s one thing I’ve changed in my routine, and that’s the Ultragen I’ve been drinking post hard rides. I don’t know if this is the reason for my super-adam strength, but it’s the only X factor.
With all that, two lifting sessions and some indoor riding, I got in over 12 hrs, so it’s been another solid week.
That’s all I can think of right now. Well, that and the enormous pile of dishes I have waiting for me to get cleaned before I go to bed, so I’m off.
Enjoy the weather (I am)!

No comments: