Monday, March 03, 2008

Good cap to a not-so-great week

Yesterday was off the chain. It was 70* here. Windy as a mother, but nice. We rode the Hoosier Hills 100k (62mile) route (which was actually closer to 65miles). We had a good group of the Indy Praters, Tim C and Ryan S. We hammered it. I think the nice weather got into everyone’s mind and legs and made for a real barn-burner. This 65mile ride has ~3400’ of climbing, most of which is in the middle of it. We had a rolling av speed of 20.0 even with the wind (which, in all fairness, was at our back ~some~ of the time).
The rest of my week was spent inside, but I had some very good trainer workouts.
I got in my 12hrs and feel good. I was tired by Friday evening’s roller spin, but after 42 hrs of work and 6 workouts, that’s to be expected.
I got out this morning (Monday) for a touch under an hour for a little recovery ride, and now I’m bracing for another dip into the crap weather. It be over soon.
I drank a bottle of Optygen (or was it Ultragen?) recovery stuff post ride yesterday and felt great this a.m. I think I’m going to get some of that stuff. It’s a little pricey, but I should have felt at least some discomfort after a ride like that, but I was fine.

No comments: