Sunday, June 01, 2008

Flawless


I had a good birthday, Lindsay got me two CD’s I have been wanting (Detroit Cobras) and my parents came to town Saturday night and took us to eat. We went to a new downtown eatery called Farm, which is upscale dining w/ a local emphasis. It was good, but very expensive; definitely a place for the ‘rents to take you. We went to Brusters afterwards for ice cream. Wonderful eve had by all.
Then today was the DINO MTB race at BCSP. I went w/ two goals: ride really hard and don’t crash, placement was not on my mind. But I had a flawless ride. I didn’t make any mistakes, stayed focussed and rode really, really well. I ended up 13th overall, but that includes the 12 or so pro wave starters who are scored w/ Experts, but start 2 minutes ahead. That put me in (I think) 4th Expert. That is my best Expert finish ever and felt like one of my best MTB races ever. I was out of the money by 1 spot; they paid to 12. I was in the zone and riding on rails though. I felt great.
I grilled Lindsay and I filets for dinner that my Dad brought us and we had a great meal w/ roasted carrots and potatoes. I sometimes like to eat red meat after a hard effort in the heat like today. The protein, iron, etc hits the spot.
Next weekend is the Indiana St Road Race Championships (INStRR) in Fishers. I‘ve been riding well since being over my illness…

BTW, the pic is actually from a race last year, I don't have one from today! Maybe later.

No comments: