Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What do you do when it pours seconds before your ride???



You take 3 minutes, a milk carton and a pair if scissors, make yourself a fender and JFR!I got as far as opening the garage door this a.m. and it started pouring rain. I made a fender and rode pretty much as scheduled. I had a ride of four hill climbs on tap, but the rain caused me to loose ~20-30min (okay, 3 to make the fender and I waited for the rain to stop falling), so I shortened it to three hills. Still a good workout.
Yesterday I set another PR for our 10mile TT @ MMSF. I went a 23.23 w/ no aero helmet AND I pulled out of my pedal at the start due to my shoe cover being over my cleat which caused a near crash; not bad. There was no wind at all, so you could really ride the course and not have to fight the wind ever.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Innovative on the butt fender!

Great job on your personal records too.