Sunday, June 22, 2008

McCormick's Creek RR- (racing's the best training)

This is my HR file from the race av speed 23.6, not bad for a course w/ a descent climb.

I didn't win today. I did however, ride the front of the group THE WHOLE race, chased down nearly EVERY move anyone made and rode really hard. I was feeling like crap in the morning, which is usually a good sign for the day (it seems backwards, and is, but when I feel good I do bad, and vice versa, usually).
We had four guys in our race, which was awesome, but other teams kept having guys go off the front (otf), and have another guy sit on the front going slow, so no one would chase their guy down, so I ended up chasing down almost every move, then just staying on the front. I probably spent too much energy, but whatever, I rode hard, got 11th (1 place out of money) and got a good workout.
Yesterday was the Bloomington Grand Prix Criterium race, which I volunteered to work at to have a good excuse to not do it, as I don’t’ like racing crits. It was a good event, w/ a lot of spectators and athletes, and only 2 people were taken away on stretchers! (did I mention I don’t like doing crits?) Anywho, a couple of our friends were down for it, so we hung out/ate and stuff afterwards. It was a nice evening.
Training week went well. I got out Wed for my TT strength intervals, and up’ed my RPM to ~70-75 to make it harder, which is about perfect. I feel like these will do me good in building more muscle.
Tuesday a few of us rode out w/ RS who was doing his intervals, so I sat on during his ~26-32mph intervals, then tried to attack on hills, then let them go around me @ ~28mph and get back on. This is really good fast twitch training.
I may try to get in a 40k TT next Sunday.
I’m tired and super hungry right now.
Bye.

No comments: