Sunday, June 29, 2008

It must be the crank.



Two TT’s this week, and two PR’s. A customer switched from the Dura-Ace crank pictured to a compact set up and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse to take this off his hands. Just say I paid about 1/3 of it’s wholesale cost and it’s not very used.
I mentioned last post I PR’d the 10mile TT by ~10 seconds.
Today I PR’d the Monrovia 40k by ~3minutes! I went a 55.55, which for the mathematically challenged (me) is a touch over 26mph for the TT. That’s fast for me. It’s faster than I expected to go. I basically have decided that my TT style is to be high gear, low(er) RPM. It totally has been working. I am traditionally a high RPM, lower gear rider, but TT’ing is faster for me this way. I owe this enlightenment to the Wed. strength intervals I’ve been doing. They’re really helping me get stronger (faster).
So needless to say I’m very pleased w/ my race today. So pleased I was inclined to do pretty much nothing the rest of today. I watched some Moto GP (Nicky Hayden ALMOST got back on a podium), some Olympic trials and some other general crappy T.V.
I have some muscle soreness from riding in the TT position so hard for an hour, but 1) that’s to be expected and 2) I’m assuming the Ultragen and other protein(s) I consumed today will take care of that by morning.
Next weekend is the AMBC MTB race at Muskatatuck Park in North Vernon. I like this course and usually do pretty well there, but it’s such a big race that the field is pretty stacked. We’ll see.
I have to cut my hair tonight. It’s bugging me.

No comments: