Saturday, June 07, 2008

WTF???

Wuthefux up w/ this weather? It has rained waaay too much.
Wednesday I did my planned on-the-bike-strength workout...ON THE TRAINER! (June 4th, for the record, on the trainer) It was a good workout, I must say, but riding inside in June is rubbish.
Thursday me, ryan, Fred, Tim and Ren-jay (basically, Bike Garage and I) went out and rode the whole distance of Hwy 446. This is a ~52mile ride that RS loves to kill. he was out for blood after being shut down by the weather the past few days. It was hot too. Anyway, a super fast, just hang on and don't get dropped ride was the bill for this one. I rode superbly, took a few pulls, rode the front on the hills, and hung in everyhwere else. It was a killer workout.
Friday was an easy sub-tempo day to prepare for todays RR in Fishers. My normal Friday route was under water, so a minor tweak, no prob.
Then I got geared up left for the IN St RR this morning...It took me about an hour to get to Martinsville due to the storms. I pulled over, called the RD who said "it's on." I plugged along north, but it was just too bad, cloud-to-ground ligtning, tons of rain and I was hydroplaning everywhere; I turned around and came home. Even if he doesn't cancel the race (which as of now, 7:30am he hasn't, but I think he will have to), it would be miserable.
So for, me it's off. I guess I'll work today instead.
Tomorrow I plan to go out to the McCormick's Creek road race course and bust a few laps to re-familiarize myself w/ it. That race is in two weeks, and I won that one last time.
The pic is from the OVR RR in Vandervort's Corner, OH, April 6th. It's heading into the final lap. I''m geting ready to chuck thae bottle in my hand, Josh is behind me standing up, not sure what he's doing.
Okay, emergency sirens are going off, I better go...

No comments: