Sunday, June 08, 2008

McCormick’s Creek Preview


This is the climb on the McCormick’s Creek RR course. It doesn’t look like much from the photo, and if one’s motivated, it is a big ring climb, but it’s a three stepper.
Today, however, there was a ~30mph headwind on the climb and the road leading up to it, and it was ~90*, so it was like riding into a giant hairdryer. Basically, it was a pedal-as-hard-as-you-can 14-17mph death march, and the opposite side of the course was a la-de-da 29-35mph casual cruise w/ the tailwind.
I think I rode 6 laps, which w/ riding out and back gave just under 3hrs. I was afraid of water all over, since reports were Spencer, IN was mostly under water, but there were very minor signs of flooding.
I feel quite wasted due to the heat, so it’s been a lying around watching Moto G.P. day since.
I need to mow the yard, but I decided it’s too hot. I’ll do it tomorrow.
Hopefully this god-forsaken weather ends so we can get into routine training. Moreover, so people can get their lives together after their respective weather disasters.

No comments: