Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back on it

Week off: done.
I’m back on the wagon. My last couple days off were nice. Lindsay’s parents were in the state over the weekend, so Linds and I went up to Indy Saturday night to Beef and Boards dinner theatre w/ both of our sets of parents. It was nice. We ate and saw Rogers and Hammerstein’s South Pacific. It was a good production of it and we enjoyed the evening.
Sunday Lindsay and I went to Ladyman’s diner here in B-town for breakfast. It is being demolished in December and will not be opened after 50 years in business. Another company bought their building and offered them to start back up once the new building is built at a much higher rate of rent. The owner, knowing it was unaffordable, decided to just close. "…and don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you got ‘till it’s gone. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot."
I had a few things I needed to do afterwards, so we ran to the mall and I got a sweet pair of North Face shoes from the shoe store in the mall for $30, marked down from $75. Sweet deal; and my old shoes were falling apart.
The rest of Sunday I did nothing. I got bored out of my mind.
Yesterday I rode a short road ride, about an hour. I felt really labored, but it was about 30* and I had taken a week off, so whatever.
Today I rode about 2 hours road, and felt okay, but not good. Again feeling labored.
I plan to ride cross tomorrow.
Thursday is thanksgiving, so I want to get in short ride before heading home for the day.
This weekend is the IN ST CX Championships. I hope to win it. Hopefully I start feeling better riding this week.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Sounds like a good time with Lindsay and her family. I love Beef and Boards... I have fond memories of my Grandma taking me there.

That sucks about the 50 year old place having to close the doors... the world has become much to modern and processed.